Falling in love online is more and more frequent, nowadays.
In the search for an ideal partner, technology has become our first supporter by offering us an ‘almost’ essential method to meet our other half.
The advantages of online dating are many, here a list of the most relevant ones:
- Broad access: Online dating introduces you to people you wouldn’t meet otherwise. Instead of having a few dates in a year, you now have the possibility to meet numerous candidates within a couple of months and especially people outside your social circle.
- Better matches: Some dating apps bring together people with shared interests and lifestyles and this allows you to easily get into a more meaningful relationship – avoiding wasting time on the wrong candidates. Dating apps like Vibe use personality tests to connect you with men or women with compatible interests, beliefs and passions.
- Confidence Builder: Knowing that the other online singles are interested in finding a relationship decreases the fear of rejection boosting your confidence and encouraging you to reach out to your next date.
- Save Time: Dating Apps allow you not only to easily get started but also to get a date (or more) in a very short period of time.
- Greater exposure: Your profile is available 24/7 and this allows you to have a greater exposure and matches – day and night.
- No pressure: Some dating apps give you the possibility to work at your own pace. You can take your time, and don’t feel the pressure of replying or accepting an invitation. You are able to take your space with no pressure.
Also, some studies revealed that:
1) In the last two decades, online dating has become the second most popular way for Americans to undertake a love affair. This same trend can be found in many other countries around the world that travel on broadband.
2) Relationships born online would be more lasting and happier than the traditional ones.
3) 1 in 5 singles are currently in a committed relationship with someone they met on a dating site.
We can conclude that in love – as in many other aspects of social life – there is no distinction between virtual and real.
Online love is no longer a taboo, but it is instead considered a practice capable of arousing emotions, feelings and happy and lasting relationships – like in real life.
In our society, online dating apps have become the right tool for all singles in search for love, the real one.